Friday 5 October, 2012

Sachin Tendulkar talks about retirement plans

Bangalore, Oct 5: Sachin Tendulkar, for the first time has hinted at retirement, as the Master Blaster said he would take a call in the month of November.
Tendulkar's interview to "Times Now" English news channel, which was published in "The Times of India" newspaper, has touched upon his retirement plans.

When asked about retirement, Tendulkar said: "Of course, I have been. I am 39 plus and it is not abnormal for me to think of it. At that moment, I will go by what my heart says. At this moment, my heart says I am okay. But you will have to look at series by series."

"When I play in November, I will re-assess things," he added.
England will tour India in the month of November and it will be Tendulkar's first Test series after the recently concluded New Zealand rubber at home where he was bowled in three successive innings.
"I am 39 and I don't think I have plenty of cricket left in me. But it depends on my frame of mind and my physical ability to deliver. When I feel that I am not delivering what is needed, and then I will re-look at the scheme of things. I am already 39 and no one expects me to go on playing forever. I will go with what my heart says," the right-hander said.
On kept pushing to be specific on his quitting plans, he said: "Nobody decides in this manner. I do not know what is in store. I wish I knew. If I did know, I wouldn't have had to wait for 22 years to lift the World Cup. Perhaps, I would have done it in the first instance in Australia in 91-92 then."
"I am looking at it series by series. As long as I feel that I can deliver, I will continue playing. It also depends on what the team feels and whether I am motivated enough to continue being on top of the game."
Tendulkar, the highest run scorer in Tests and One Day Internationals is now gearing up to play in Champions League Twenty20 in South Africa for Mumbai Indians.

Leave ur comment

1 comment:

  1. We lv 2 watch U again on ground .... N def we want u fr a longer time :)

    ReplyDelete