Wednesday 5 September, 2012

Amir eyes 2015 return to international cricket

Pakistan's banned pacer Mohammad Amir is hoping to be allowed back in international cricket in 2015, when he would complete a minimum five-year ban for his role in the 2010 spot-fixing scandal that shook the game.


The 20-year old, appearing in his first television interview on the 'Geo Super channel' on Tuesday, insisted he has learnt from his mistakes. 

"No one can understand the hurt I go through today when I watch the Pakistan team playing anywhere. I want to be with them. But there is nothing I can do now except to keep my chin up and hope for the best. It is a huge punishment to realise that I had the world at my feet and I messed it all up because of one mistake," the left-arm pacer said.

"It was my mistake for whatever reasons and I regret it completely and I have apologised for it to my people. But now I want to move on and start a new life," he said.

"I want to do a lot for Pakistan whenever I come back. I know I can give a lot of joy and pride to my countrymen If I get a chance again," he said.

"Today cricket pays a lot and players don't need to fall into any trap of corruption."

No comments:

Post a Comment